Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
455 Members

Prescription question

Has anyone ever tried trileptal? Made by Novartis. My friend tried everythIng and this works after 4 years! Any comment helpful.
I have used Trileptal during my TN journey. It stops the pain completely for me.

However, tell your friend that his/her doctor should be performing blood tests every three months. Trileptal can cause low blood sodium levels that can adversely affect the kidneys and the blood tests will monitor that.

It can cause drowsiness, but my doctor had me take a NoDoz with the daytime doses to counteract that. One caution with that is, some people have a pain trigger with caffeine. The doctor should be asked if this suggestion is ok.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease