Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

21/M 5 years with symptoms.

Hi, I'm 21 years old, male. Healthy weight. 5 years ago I was told I my blood pressure was elevated and I was having dizzy spells, anxiety, and occasional pounding headaches.

When I was 18 my symptoms got worse...chest pain, dizziness, hbp, general malaise. Lymph Nodes in jaw, neck and groin became hard but not swollen, and still are. The docs diagnosed me with mono and said to rest.

Though I was feeling better, sympoms persisted and blood pressure stayed high (130 to 160/70).

Recently my symptoms have come back and I went to the ER one day and they kept me in the hospital for two days doing many tests...ekg, chest xray, kidney ultrasound, blood tests, 24hr urine, etc... nothing. Getting very frustrated but I'm trying to keep cool and figure out my problem.

Current symptoms:
High blood pressure, dizziness, tingling in hands and feet, fatigue/tiredness, heart pounding and heartbeat sensation throughout my body, forehead pressure, visual disturbances (tired eyes), slight chest tightness/pain, shortness of breath, hard (not enlarged) lymph nodes in groin and neck/jaw.

I'm now on lisinopril for high blood pressure because the doc said I had to go on it even though we don't know why it's occuring. It hasn't lowered yet (i just started on it 2 days ago)
Thanks for any ideas!
Thanks for writing to the forum!
I read through your post. Based on the information provided by you, I think you are suffering from ‘benign intracranial hypertension’  (BIH). This happens due to impaired CSF absorption. A generalized throbbing headache worst felt in the morning and last thing at night. This headache is generally relieved on standing (consistent with raised intracranial pressure). It is aggravated by straining, coughing or a change in position.
Hypothyroidism, hypoparathyroidism, adrenal insufficiency are a few things I would recommend you get investigated for. These can precipitate BIH. A spinal tap is a must both to diagnose the condition and to treat it.
Refer: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/pseudotumorcerebri/pseudotumorcerebri.htm
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!