3 day fever sore eyes ...........

Friday-sunday i had a fever between 100.0 -103.7 it would go up and down and i was taking tylenol. Durring those days my eyes were extremely sore hurt when i looked left and right. Now since sunday ive had an extremely dry mouth and some nasal congestion. Monday night my fever kicked back in at 100.0 F and my body started acheing. my legs are also itchy.....Any clue to what I have??? should i see my doctor?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Sure wouldn't hurt you to see a competent doctor about this!  Your eyes hurting when looking left to right puts me in mind of the time I had the Hong Kong flu, where that was a symptom, and pretty sure I had elevated temps too but I was throwing up plenty with that.

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The symptoms could just be due to viral flu. It is difficult to comment without examination. Here are a few suggestions you can follow and if you do not get relief consult your doctor ASAP.
Keep a temperature chart. Drink plenty of fluids like ginger tea, warm lemonade, soups etc. Take steam and do a valsalva maneuver (Done by taking a deep breath and blowing while pinching your nostrils and closing your mouth). This will help clear the secretions in the tube that connects the back of your throat with your ear. Try taking steam twice in a day. This will loosen the cough, making breathing easier.
Take your medicines like acetoaminophen or ibuprofen for fever.
Generally a viral fever makes you feel very miserable for 3-4 days. If symptoms persist then there is a possibility that you also have bacterial infection.
If symptoms persist consult your doctor ASAP. Take care!