Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

ADD or Auditory Processing Disorder?

I am 19 and I am in my 2nd semester of college. For awhile now I have had no attention span in school or anything involved with listening. When i am in my car and I have the music on I start to tune it out and think about things in my head. I can keep play the same cd over and over because I dont even pay attention to music. When i am in class and the teacher is talking I will be in my head thinking and then realize i've been not paying attention forgetting about what I was even thinking about.

Another thing that happens is when I am in class i will have the music stuck in my head that I wasn't paying attention to in my car. When there is no sound I am clear focused and not in my head but as soon as a song starts playing or someone starts talking for awhile I just can't hold my concentration to what their saying.

I have tried Concerta, Stratera, Adderall, and Vyanse but nothing works. It's very frusterating because I constantly unconsciously start thinking in my head and then after sometime I "realize it" and will try to start listening to the teacher again.

also this happens with my friends talking to me face to face if they are telling a story i will tune it out
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You appear to be having an anxiety and panic disorder. Severe anemia, liver and kidney dysfunction causing brain fog, some mental disorders like schizophrenia could be the cause of your symptoms. You need proper assessment by a psychologist and a psychiatrist and if it is indeed attention deficit disorder, then proper treatment for this.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!