Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Armpit lump

OK here it goes. I got boils, carbucles whatever they are called and went to the er they gave me bacterim and keflex and it went away. After 2 months I got a cut down in my vagina and bumps and went to the gyn, i has yeast and herpes type 1. Now  i havent had outbreaks im doing good I been on 500mg valtrex and i get a rash on hands as soon as I come off valtrex the rash is gone. Now i stopped taking valtrex and i get a mild pain in armpits after i shave a week ago and had a lump on my right arm almost sure it is lymph node from what im reading in the internet. The lump is 1cm not big at all but it hurts. This was last week thursday, i applied warm water and stopped shaving and took a valtrex and a keflex, the next day the bump went down and the right armpit is so much better. I shaved again and a day later my left armpit is hurting again,no bump, so i take a valtrex and a keflex and a bactrim and the pain lessed alot and now i amost feel nothing there.

have any of you experienced anything like this? Is it cancer, hiv, or what else? I bee tested once for hiv recently neg, and so has my bf about 4 months ago. We been together 2 years and a half. I dont know amybe im worrying about the cancer because of my family history.. Well dont lumps mean cancer? .. I am worried. But the lump wouldnt go down in a day or two if it was bad? right?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Recurrent painful lumps coming after shaving can be due to diabetes or underlying fungal infection or dermatitis. Get your blood sugar checked: fasting, PP and glycosylated.
Hope this helps. Take care!