Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Armpit lump

I've had an aching in my left armpit for a couple of days. There is nothing visible to see on the surface but when i was touching it today i felt a small painful lump under the skin, within the armpit. What could it be? It's got me quite worried.
The reason why there's a lump in your armpit because you use too much deodorant, when you se too much deodorant your armpit will start to itch and  then a small little lump will appear but the lump is really called a raisin just put a cold nickel on it for 15 minutes but make sure you set the nickel in the freezer for 20 minutes and if the lump doesn't disappear you might want to keep check on it!
My sister had a lump in her armpit too.  She went to the doctor and they had to take a sample of the fluid in the lump to make sure it was not cancerous.  The doctor told her most of the time it is not.  You should definately go see your doctor.  I am not trying to alarm you but I felt an obligation to reply to your post since my sister had a similar experience.
My boyfriend has the same problem and he was told it is a sabacius oil glad.  You need to have it drained. I could cause you to be very sick, if you don't get it taken care of. He was so sick and very sick for 4 weeks and could not hardly move. He was very weak because it flow throughout his body.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A lump in armpit can be a swollen lymphnode, in response to fungal infection or sweat dermatitis or infection of hair follicles. It can also be an enlarged lymphnode due to malignancy of breast (rare in males but not impossible). At times it is a cyst too and this can get infected. Lipoma is also a possibility. Consult your PCP for an evaluation. A CT scan can be confirmatory or a fine needle biopsy. Treatment can vary from wait and watch to anti-inflammatory along with antibiotics to excision of the lump. Check for diabetes too as high sugar often results in repeated infection and boils.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.Take care!