About 2 weeks ago I was helping my father pull up a old vinyl sheet flooring from the 1970's. I had a feeling it wasn't safe, but my father said it doesn't have asbestos. Well it looks to be the fiber backing to the vinyl floor to be asbestos and we pulled it up dry. We were only wearing those cheap N95 dust masks. The day after doing this my sinus, tongue, mouth, and throat were all burning. After a few days of feeling like this my throat began to ache and my voice became hoarse. This has made me feel quite anxious and depressed knowing I exposed myself like this and if I'm going to get a disease or not. Every website I see says asbestos exposure doesn't cause symptoms? and symptoms take years or decades to show up? I'm quite confused as to why I'm feeling like this. Does asbestos exposure cause immediate symptoms?