Aa
A
A
Close

Auto immune disease?

I think there might be something wrong with me and I think it’s been happening all my life. I just recently started piecing it all together.

I have a weak immune system and poor circulation. I’ve been susceptible to infections all my life. Ear infections as a kid. I developed athletes foot at age 10. Toenail fungus at age 14. I get a viral infection in my nose kind of like cold sores since I was 18. At 23 I developed consistent migraines. At 24 I developed a rash, cellulitis, on my ring finger. At 29 I had pneumonia.

I’m now 30 and continually have: worsening nail fungus, spread to over half of my toes. I’m constantly cold. Most of the piercings I’ve received have gotten infected. I go through serious waves of depression and anxiety. My enamel is horribly weak. And they all seem to flare up at different times, like when my immune system is compromised.

My mom has hashimotos and thinks that I may have an auto immune disease, but if I do I don’t even know where to start or what kind of doctor I should see
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1756321 tn?1499064984
My sister and I have four autoimmune diseases and my mother has two. We all have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. The genes notably mentioned with Hashimoto's thyroiditis is either HLA-DR3 or HLA-DR5.  You can see a doctor for work up labs but you may prefer seeing an endocrinologist. Thyroid labs include TSH, free T4, free T3, thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPOAb), thyroglobulin antibodies (TgAb). The top three deficiency states with hypothyroidism are vitamin D, iron, vitamin B12. Other tests to look at include ANA (anti nuclear antibody).
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1353103243
Blank
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1499064984
Blank
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
Blank
AL
Blank