Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

BAD BEHAVIOUR IN CHILD

MY DAUGHTER IS 5 YEARS OLD BUT HER BEHAVIOUR IS TERRIBLE SHE IS WORSE THAN MY TEENAGE SISTERS .
SERENA MY DAUGHTER USED TO BE A REALLY LOVELY POLITE GIRL BUT ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF NOW SHE HAS BEEN EXTREMELY NAUGHTY OUT OF CONTROL AND ITS THAT BAD NOW ITS PUT PRESURE ON THE FAMILY
SHE IS ALWAYS TALKING TO HERSELF, DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SAY TO HER AND NORMALLY DOESN'T EVEN HEAR YOU ITS LIKE SHE IS AWAY WITH THE FAIRIES AND NOONE ELSE IS THERE.
WHEN YOU DO FINALLY GET TO TALK TO HER SHE JUST SHOUTS AND REFUSES TO TALK TO YOU SHE DOESN'T WANT TO BE SPOKEN TO AND SHE WILL NOT SIT AND SPEAK TO YOU NICELY SHE ONLY SPEAKS WITH ATTITUDE.
SHE CANNOT SIT STILL FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES IS ALWAYS UP AND DOWN LIKE A YO-YO
SHE FIDGETS AND WILL NOT CONCENTRATE ON ANYTHING WHEN WE DO HER HOMEWORK OR READING FOR SCHOOL SHE WILL ONLY TRY FOR 2 MINUTES AND SHES BORED AND GOES OFF TO DO SOMETHING ELSE
THE LAST MONTH OR SO SHE HAS SAID SHE DOESN'T LIKE US AND IS ALWAYS TALKING TO US HORRIBLE SHE WILL NOT BEHAVE AT ALL WE HAVEN'T HAD 1 DAY IN 2MONTHS THAT HAS BEEN GOOD ITS SO STRESSFUL I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE I CAN TAKE .
WE HAVE HAD 2 ASESSMENTS WITH PROFESSIONALS BUT THEY HAVE BOTH SAID ITS NORMAL BEHAVIOUR BUT I KNOW ITS NOT
I HAVE CHANGED HER DIET AND SHE ALSO HAS MULTI-VITIMANS BECAUSE I WAS TOLD THAT THEY COULD HAVE BEEN PROBLEMS BUT I CHANGED THIS 12 MONTHS AGO AND STILL NO CHANGE SHE JUST KEEPS ON GETTING WORSE
I WOULD NEVER CONCIDER GETTING RID OF ANY OF MY CHILDREN I LOVE THEM ALL BUT NOW BECAUSE SHE HAS GOT SO BAD I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING IT AND THAT HURTS ME TO EVEN THINK LIKE THIS PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP

Your child’s symptoms are suggestive of ADHD(attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a neurobehavioral developmental disorder and is characterized by a persistent pattern of impulsiveness and inattention, with or without a component of hyperactivity.Symptoms of ADHD are impulsiveness,inattention, aggression, frequent temper tantrums, and hyperactivity.

Methods of treatment usually involve some combination of medications, behavior modifications, life style changes, and counseling. The American Academy of Pediatrics states that stimulant medications and/or behavior therapy are appropriate and generally safe treatments for ADHD.

I feel that a counseling by a psychiatrist will be the best.Pls log on to the following website for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention-deficit_hyperactivity_disorder

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your daughter is doing.