Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25.1k Members

Blood in Urine

I was impacted/constapated for 1 week and developed considerable gas buildup and other effects.

Since this has been remidied I have developed the appearaces of blood in the urine for the past two weeks and itching from head to toe including the palms of hands and soles of feet which has rendered me sleepless for more than 1 week. While there appears to be no evidence of blood in the stools, the color is an atypical light tan color.

I have never experienced this before.

Whay might be the causes?
3 Responses
I'm not a medical expert, so this is just off the top of my head.  Have you seen a doctor?  Itching and light colored stools may indicate a liver issue.  Not sure about the blood in the urine -- bladder or kidney issue?  You should see a doctor asap and have the doctor run some blood tests.
Jack56:

Cholestasis is any condition in which bile excretion from the liver is blocked, which can occur either in the liver or in the bile ducts.

Bile is produced in the liver and normally flows down the bile ducts into the intestines where it helps with the digestion of food.
If you have Cholestasis, the flow of bile into the intestines is reduced and so bile salts build up in your blood.

The main symptom is itching, which is usually worse at night.
It often begins on the palms of the hands and the soles of feet and can become generalised.

Symptoms    

* Itching
    * Jaundiced (yellow) skin or eyes
    * Inability to digest certain foods
    * Nausea, vomiting
    * Right upper quadrant abdominal pain
    * Rash or fever in some cases of drug-induced cholestasis
    * Clay-colored or white stools
    * Dark urine

Jack, I think you need to call your family doctor and make an appointment.
He will do a physical examination and order bloodwork.
I doubt this is going to get better on its own.

Would you come back and post a follow-up here, so we know how you're doing?

Wishing you the best,
Carol

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000215.htm
143952 tn?1237868141
don't ignore blood in your urine.  while there are many benign reasons for it, it can only be a warning sign for kidner or bladder lesions or tumors.  you need to be evaluated by your primary doctor or an urologist.  blood in the urine comes from the urinary tract, and indicates something is going on there.  could be infection, stones, lots of benign things.  but, still it needs to be evaluated.
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.