Undiagnosed Symptoms Forum

Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Head/Sinus Pressure

For the last 4+ years I have been experiencing the above symptoms every day all day. I was hospitalized once for weakness and dizziness resulting in me falling down. Some tests done include: MRI, CT scan, 3 thyroid tests, some tests on my heart, blood pressure and 5 vials of blood for other blood work. I went to see a neurologist as well. Nothing has shown up. My doctor has given me no other course of action or diagnosis.

Blurred vision and head pressure seem very related. Both are better upon waking for about 5 minutes (longer if I do not stand up). When I have a runny nose it is significantly better.

My fatigue is not significantly affected by anything. Getting better sleep helps etc. but to no great extent.

Other symptoms include:
constant Mind fog
poor memory (long and short)
irritability
feelings of "blah"
occasional dizziness
right side of head went numb for a month (My hospitalization was within this time)
sensitivity to cold
low libido

I am unsure of what to do now. Could you please recommend a direction for me to take now.

Thank you,
Brian
I agree with the workup so far, including the head imaging, and neurology referral.  

You can consider evaluating the neck arteries for blockages, with an MRA or ultrasound.  I would assume that blood tests for diabetes, thyroid disorder, B12 disorders have been considered already.  

Regarding the low libido, a blood test looking at the testosterone level can be done.  

Another neurology opinion can be sought, preferably at a major academic medical center.  

Further evaluation of the blurred vision can be done in conjunction with an opthalmology referral.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Have you been to a RA doctor to be checked for Lyme Disease, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, MS and whatever the doctor can think of.  You really need to be seen by a Ruemotoligist for these things because they deal with autoimmune illness' and like illness'.  Also have your eyes checked by an eye doctor just to rule out eye problems(they can also tell if you have diabetes and other problems by looking into your eyes) You may also want to see an ENT for your sinus and or an alergist. But I think that you may have Fibromyalgia and thyroid problems(Certain thyroid tests come back normal if you also have FMS) Fms cause all the symptoms you wrote and then some.  Good luck with your search and I hope you feel better soon.
I did what you did only for 2 years and 14 doctors. Mine turned out to be Lyme but you MUST find a Lyme specialist.  Here's a symptoms list:

Musculoskeletal System
Joint pain or swelling or tenderness
Stiffness of joints, back, neck
Muscle pain or cramps
Bone pain
Heavy feeling in one or more limbs

Neurological System
Tremors or unexplained shaking (especially at night)
Burning or stabbing sensations in the body
Weakness or partial paralysis/stroke-like symptoms
Pressure in the head
Numbness in body, tingling, pinpricks
Poor balance, dizziness, difficulty walking
Increased motion sickness
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Sudden jerking of fingers or entire limbs
Pain in spinal column

General Well-being
Unexplained weight gain, loss
Extreme fatigue
Swollen glands
Unexplained fevers (high or low grade)
Continual infections (sinus, kidney, eye, etc.)
Symptoms seem to change, come and go
Pain migrates (moves) to different body parts
Early on, experienced a "flu-like" illness, after which you have not since felt well.  (If it was mild, you may not even recall this.)

Eyes/Vision
Double, blurry or dim vision
Increased floating spots
Pain in/behind eyes, or swelling around eyes
Over sensitivity to light
Flashing lights
Optic neuritis

Ears/Hearing
Decreased hearing in one or both ears
Buzzing or clicking noises in ears
Pain in ears or sound sensitivity
Ringing in one or both ears
Pressure or feeling of fullness in ears

Digestive and Excretory Systems
Diarrhea, irritable bowel
Constipation
Irritable bladder (trouble starting, stopping)
Frequent urination that is not normal
Upset stomach (nausea or pain)

Respiratory and Circulatory Systems
Shortness of breath, cough
Chest pain or rib soreness
Night sweats or unexplained chills
Heart palpitations or extra beats
Heart blockage

Psychological well-being
Mood swings, irritability, rage
Unusual depression
Disorientation (getting or feeling lost)
Feeling as if you are losing your mind
Overemotional reactions, crying easily
Too much sleep, or insomnia
Difficulty falling or staying asleep

Mental Capability
Memory loss (short or long term)
Confusion, difficulty in thinking, brain fog
Difficulty with concentration or reading
Going to the wrong place
Speech difficulty (slurred or slow)
Stammering speech
Forgetting how to perform simple tasks

Head, Face, Neck
Unexplained hair loss
Headaches, mild or severe
Twitching of facial or other muscles
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Tingling of nose, cheek or face
Stiff or painful neck or creaking
Jaw pain or stiffness
TMJ
I had been experiencing similar symptoms and had the same tests done as you. I felt nausea, fatigue, headaches, muscle weakness on the right side of my face, difficulty breathing, etc. I finally looked up my symptoms online and came across a website about carbon monoxide poisoning. I bought a test for the home and put it in my car. Sure enough, my car had been emitting these poisons. I then began to think back to when I was the most sick and I, too, almost passed out in my car. If they test you for it, it will be through blood work. However, I think the carbon monoxide leaves the body and can be difficult to find after a certain amount of time surpasses. I hope this helps you. The only cure they can give you is pure oxygen. Take no chances-get the carbon monoxide test. They sell them at walmart for about twenty dollars. God Bless You, and i hope you find what ails you.
check out the condtion called Candida... docters usally never consider it.  Docters couldnt find out was wrong with me, so I did my own research, found this condition to some what match, got over the counter meds(kind of like a detox) and now I am fine.. doesnt hurt to try.
Adrenal/Thyroid Failure
PMS Symptoms
POOR MEMORY
Bad Breath
Hyperactivity
Colds & Flu
Gas/Bloating
Irritability
Mood Swings
Indigestions
Lethargic/Laziness
Muscle Aches
Ulcers
Insomnia
Chemical Sensitivity
Constipation
Anti-social
Endometriosis
Diarrhea
Puffy Eyes
Vaginal Yeast
Colitis
Suicidal
Respiratory Problems
Colon Cancer
Menstrual Problems
Hormone Imbalance
NO SEX DRIVE
Allergies
Diabetes
Cold/Shaky
Dry Skin & Itching
Low Blood Sugar
FATIGUE (Chronic)
Cystitis
Food Cravings
Epstein Bar Virus
Burning Eyes
Heartburn
Infections
Thrush/Gum Receding
Hiatal Hernia
Asthma
Infections
Intestinal Pain
Skin Rashes & Hives
Premature Aging
Dry Mouth
Hemorrhoids
Finger/Toenail Fungus
HEADACHES
Over & Under Weight
OVER-ALL BAD FEELING
Depression
Lupus
Numbness

Candida is in an incredible destroyer of health and is the main missing link in many of our modern day diseases and sub-health conditions. The fact that Candida can rob the body of its nutrition and poison the tissues with it toxins is a major contribution, directly or indirectly to the following list of serious conditions: (((( GOT THIS OFF OF a web site)))) Check around you will find alot
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.