Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Brown Spotting and Severe Cramps before Period

I've been on birth control (tri-sprintec) for a couple of years now and I take it pretty regularly and when I have sex I always use a condom. Yesterday I had some really sharp pains in my abdomen and stomach right after I ate. I thought it was just gas or something that I ate. The cramps went away after a couple of hours, but then I started having brown spotting so I put a tampon in. I woke up this morning and my tampon was about halfway full of brown blood and so I put another one in, and I checked a few hours later and I am still bleeding brown blood. I am now crampy again. I am supposed to start my period in a about four or five days, however I am not on my placebo pills yet, so I am concerned. Am I miscarrying? I have had spotting between periods before, however they have never lasted this long, or have I had cramps with them, so I am really concerned...
1 Responses
Hello billyjean115,

I'd like to ask you several questions in order to help figure out what the cause may be.

1. Is your brown spotting accompanied by itching, burning, or pain?(list any)

2. What does this discharge smell like?

3. Do you use(or come in contact with) a vast amount of perfumes, lubricants, condoms, etc.?

4. Any known allergies to products listed in question 3?

5. Do you have symptoms such as fever or chills, and abdominal or suprapubic pain?

6. Do you have symptoms such as excessive and/or large amounts of urine and excessive thirst?

7. Any previous use of antibiotics within the past year?

8. Do you have diabetes?

9. Have you had an HIV infection?

10. Do you have Crohn's Disease?

11. Any previous pelvic or rectal surgery?

12. Do you have multiple partners?

13. Is your brown discharge associated with any fecal matter?

14. Past medical history?(List as many previous conditions you had or currently do have as possible)

15. What medications do you take?(Include all)

16. Bleeding after intercourse?

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.