Burning/Tingling Calves, Forearms

For the past 7 years I have had a burning, tingling feeling in my calves. Approx. 3 months ago I had the same feeling on the outside of my ankle. Within a week both ankles and wrists had the same feeling. The burning now is from my elbow to my wrists (top inside of forearm) and from the middle of my shin to the top of foot, and my calves. I have been to a Rheumatologist and all the blood work he ran came back normal. The past couple of days it has been horrible and is constant all day and night. I have been feeling lightheaded these past couple of days as well.

I workout 5 days a week and am otherwise in very good health.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Thanks for writing to the forum!
This is not a classic symptom but mimics glove and stocking kind of neuropathy. There are many causes of this nerve disorder including diabetes, hypothyroidism, chronic involvement of liver or kidney, chronic alcohol use, Sjogren’s syndrome, chronic anemia, rheumatoid arthritis etc. Demyelinating peripheral neuropathies like Gullian Barre Syndrome is another possibility. Vitamin B12 deficiency too should be looked into.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!