Burning thighs following pancreatitis

In the last month my cousin has had gall bladder pancreatitis, their gall bladder removed and for about the last 10 days they have been getting very little sleep due to a burning/tingling sensation in the top of their legs. The legs are numb/dull sensation when touched. They can live with the numbness/dull sensation but not the pain/burning. They are on pain killers but that is not treating the source of the problem. We have noticed in the last couple of days that their thighs are very swollen. They have had a MRI and dopplar ultrasound and these have been clear. Any suggestions on cause/treatment options.
Correction: Gall bladder pancreatitis should be gall stone pancreatitis
Has anyone got any suggestions on this? Thoughts are this could be caused by the pancreatitis and my cousin may still have symptoms of it. Any ideas for how to relieve the pain and swelling naturally/medically?
Possible B12 deficiency post cholecystectomy surgery.Serum B12 levels will help in confirmation.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.