CHRONIC STIFF NECK EVERY MORNING

HI,

I'VE HAD THIS STIFF NECK PAIN EVERY MORNING FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS WHICH WONT GO AWAY. ITS REAL BAD IN THE MORNING BUT SLOWLY GOES AWAY DURING THE DAY. THEN IT REOCCURS AGAIN THE THE MORNING. THE PAIN IS REAL BAD AND SOMETIMES I CANT EVEN GET OUT OF BED. IM 30YRS OLD. AND THIS JUST STARTED OCCURING FROM 2 MONTHS AGO. I THOUGHT IT WOULD GO AWAY BUT IT DOESNT. I WENT TO ACUPUNCTURE ONCE BUT IT DIDNT HELP AT ALL. I WAS READING ABOUT MENGINGITIS BUT THE SYMTOMS DONT APPLY EXCEPT FOR THE STIFF NECK PAIN. I CANT GO SEE A DR RIGHT YET CUZ I DONT START WORK FOR 3 MORE WEEKS. ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT IT CAN BE AND WHAT TO DO? THANKS JASON
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Ice your neck , take an anti inflammatory such as motrin, as well as pain lotions like aspercreme, capzasin etc.  Is it possible that you are sleeping in a funny position? Maybe your pillow isn't soft enough or maybe it's too hard? Is it possible you over stretched it and Maybe you pulled a muscle? A pinched nerve maybe?

Getting checked for meningitis isn't a bad idea either- it can be very contagious- if it's viral it will take a few months to disappear.

~Good Luck
Sleeping habits / Sleeping Conditions change in this 2 week time period of on-set?
Could be something Serious, however, would not take it lightly.
Have similar problem, got some relief by changing pillow to small grain pillow which tuckes into neck & lets head hang lower. Seems important to keep neck vertebrae under bit of tension rather than compression. Saw osteopath & massages but not much help, going to try chinese massage next. I'm 56.