My name is Michael, 24-year-old male, and I am new to the forums, so to cut to the chase since this will be very long/detailed, I am going to begin by listing in point form my symptoms, from which are chronic and which have only happened once or a few times, and past diagnosis', family history -
- Drenching night sweats, off and on for years, became very persistent almost every night as of a few months to a year ago.
- Extreme, unexplained weight loss despite eating more / not dieting
- Swollen lymph nodes on the right side of the neck, ultrasound shows some upwards of 28mm by 10mm etc
- Weird muscle, tendon / other spasms, seizures or lockups that are very painful. The worst ones feel like my bones are going to snap from the strain or my muscles are going to rip themselves to shreds. Usually limited to one area at a time such as the entire left leg, entire back, or shoulders/neck region. Can trigger it in my left leg by flexing my toes, oddly.
- Muscle, joint, bone pain. Nerve pain, was very uncommon, getting more prevelant mostly in left foot/lower back
- General fatigue, no trigger. Progressively worse despite occasional supplements/eating healthy to maintain energy levels properly. Sleep cycle strange but sleeping 8 hours plus.
- Tingling, numb, prickly sensations in limbs/back
- Flank pain made worse when eating "too much" or when I have to defecate, gets better after defecation
- Thickened skin on feet despite endless treatments, cutting excess skin off, digging out the one "corn", orthotics, etc - after pediatrist uses a scalpel to remove upwards of half an inch to an inch of hardened tissue, it regrows within 5-7 days and looks untouched... he has asked if I have liver issues, autoimmune disorders, and has said himself the rate of growth is "odd" - the resulting pain in my feet has become intolerable.
- Cold insensitivity
- No sense of smell, worse hearing in left ear versus right
- Massive migraines tied to heart rhythm abnormalities
- Heart palpitations, made worse with exercise, can result in nausea, blurring vision, passing out / lightheadedness at minimum if I keep exercising/try to push through it
- Blood pressure swings too much when standing up normally sometimes, can result in fainting
- Rashes on upper body that come and go, little red raised bumps, no rash beyond the little bumps, they do not itch or hurt, wouldn't know they are there without seeing them.
Also red angry joints - usually knuckles. That rash is deep red, not raised, non-itchy, non-painful same characteristics as the bumpy upper body rash, although again, they look completely different.
- Deep-rooted, sharp, stabbing pain in my upper groin/upper leg, basically where your thigh meets your hip. Hard to describe. It is disabling when it happens
- Deep, sharp anal region pain, can only imagine it is similar in nature to what medieval victims on the pyramid torture devices felt. Happens completely randomly and without warning. Luckily, it has happened more times than I can count over my life but not often enough between episodes to be a problem/interference on daily life.
- Electric shock style pains mainly in the left chest/arm area but also in other parts of the body, sometimes tied to very localized muscle twitching.
- Periods of relatively normal urine/defecation, followed by increased urination, diarrhea that's very dark, improperly formed poo with mucous etc, and then goes back to normal, back and forth.
- Longer healing time for wounds, very watery blood that sprays out of wounds, other times very thick blood that seals a wound almost immediately. 2 examples: I cut my finger in half essentially, by accident, blood was spraying on the wall, very thin and watery. Other time dropped a 250-300 pound piece of furniture on my shin carrying it up the stairs, and gouged out a nice spot center of the shin bone, didn't bleed a single drop, looked as if it was cauterized. Everyone noted how strange it was. Other abnormalities, only happened twice - after banging my hand off an object, had a very large area swollen with liquid that was extremely painful and the other time after my Italian heritage got the best of me while ranting, and hit the side of my index finger off the corner of a wall, it swelled up the same just more localized. Had me writhing in pain. It healed as a solid weird bump under the skin and been that way for a long time now.
Singlular/2-3 incidence symptoms worth noting ---
-Toe tip infection that became gangrenous, green/black skin, fluid buildup under nail almost popped it off, sacs of infected tissue needed to be cut open and drained, multiple antibiotics, managed to halt and reverse it without needing to do IV antibiotics/more lancing, although took months to heal
-Uvulitis, needed throat numbing mouthwash and antibiotics
-Woke up one morning sick to stomach, vomitted really black chunky stuff, told my wife I think I vomitted poo... she said my mouth / the substance didn't smell like feces. I flushed it an moved on didn't really think about it, figured my stomach didn't like whatever I ate the night before. Otherwise/after, felt fine.
-Legs stopped working 2 or 3 times, wouldn't say paralysis, more like legs seized up while walking, fell and had to remain on the ground for upwards of an hour, one time late at night, until my legs regained function slowly. Last time was years ago.
-Itchy skin, happens often enough to include in main symptoms but the frequency is spaced out, so I consider it more of a 1 off thing. Skin / certain spots get itchy without rash, or any apparent issue. Rarely the itchiness is bad enough to have my scratching without noticing I am scratching.
Continued in next post...