Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Can't bear weight on ball of my foot

I have been in a lot of pain for the last three days and I am quite unsure of why...

It started when I sat down about 3 days ago, my legs fell asleep on me almost instantly. They woke up though fully about 10 minutes later. I then had  a slight pain in the ball of my left foot but it seemed to disappear. After walking around for a while though the ball of my left foot started to throb and pain went up the outside of my left ankle. It also started to go numb, fallasleep and get cold off and on for a while during the first day, but now I have nothing but pain in the ball of my left foot. Last night however, I felt like I had something sticking in my back, when sitting down, i looked nothing there, i stood up and it was fine again.

I dont know if I should go to the ER and just have them tell me oh you have arthritis or something,

I dont wear high heels, in fact I wear very comfortable sneakers every day, I have not rolled my ankle or crushed my foot in any way.

Idk why this is happening it seemed to have come out of no where.

Any thoughts?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
The symptoms could be due to Gout. Gout generally affects the great toe in 75% cases. This is due to high uric acid in the body that gets accumulated in the joints. Another possibility is Chondrocalcinosis which is similar to gout but caused by deposition of calcium pyrophosphate rather than uric acid. Rheumatoid arthritis is another possibility.
Diabetes mellitus and hypothyroidism should also be investigated.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I'm 19...I don't think I have gout...

They have also gone after diabetes and hypothryoid and everything comes back normal. I went to the ER, they think it is a herniated disc .....however, after putting me on progesterone for 2 days they symptoms have spread to my right leg, and now my toes feel like I either am walking through mud or have strings tied around them :(

I am off to the doctor actually in about 10 minutes, will post an update if they find anything new. Thank you for your advice though, I hope I didn't come across as snippy, just nervous about this, because it came out of no where...literally.