Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Chronic Abdominal pain, strange lump(?), jelly in stools

Hi there

In november of 2007, I had my appendix removed laparascopically and just about since it's healed, I've had ongoing abdominal pain. This past november, a different doctor performed a laparoscopy to check for adhesions or scar tissue, and didn't find any.

The pain is just about daily, but there no connections with eating or exercise. It comes and goes, but is present for most of the day at some intensity. I can press on my stomach and feel things shift, as well as cause noises that are sometimes heard across rooms by my family and friends. Also, on the left side of my bellybutton when I push, I can feel a small lump or mass that rolls back and forth as I move my hands around. It hurts to press on my lower abdomen all around, and is no different and no worse here. Since this pain has been going on I also occasionally have long strands of orange jelly in my stool, and my stool is sometimes very dark, and almost always "mushy."

Wondering if this sounds like anything anyone might know about, or anything I can bring up with my doctor when I see her again soon.

Thanks.
Thanks for writing to the forum!

I think you should look at the possibility of suffering from Celiac Disease/Ulcerative Colitis/Irritable Bowel Syndrome. All these result in tender abdomen, loose stool or loose stools alternating with constipation, abdominal distention, cramps, lots of mucus or gelly like substance etc. Please refer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulcerative_colitis

I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system). Maybe your physician can recommend someone.

It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!