Concern about protein in urine, extreme appetite, and low body temp

Our six year old son was seen by a HC professional because of bronchitis like symptoms in addition to some discomfort in his piddler area. Doc put him on antibiotic and checked his urine.

His urine was clear - in that he had no infection, but they found protein in his urine. This was the same result as happened last fall. The doc did not follow up on the urine protein either time.

We've been concerned as in addition to the protein in his urine, he is very pale, is he's having low body temps of 94 - 95.4 temps, and last because he is always extremely hungry and is becoming quite heavy.

Are these symptoms concerning to anyone else, and if it were you, would you seek another doc to follow up? Is it possible that he has diabetis or something requiring medical tests? We are so limited on funds so money is difficult, although we'd sacrafice all for him.

Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I am not a doctor but I do have diabetes and protein in urine can be a symptom so can extreme hunger.  Is he unusually thirsty....that is a big symptom.
Yes, I would take him to get another opinion.  Do you have a Public Health dept where you live...ours charges according to how much money the person has.
It could be a lot of different things so it does bear looking into.
Wishing you the best,
Krista