Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Crazy...muscle spasms??

After nearly 6 years I think I know what's happening to me...but idk what could cause it. 6 yrs ago I was in the hospital due to a very bad staph infection in my hand. After that I started having severe chest pains. I went to a cardiologist and many docs. None knew what it was. Well these pains went on every day for nearly 2 years. Since then they have decreased in number. Now I'm having pain everywhere else. I think I'm having muscle spasms. Constantly. I have random pain in random parts of my body. Sometimes one leg will feel weak like it can't hold me up. Recently I've been having bad pain "down there" and I've read on it I think it's muscle spasms of the anal sphincter. Same pain. For a couple of years I've had acid reflux and apparently functional abdominal pain (as described by a gastroenterologist after a bout of gastroenteritis). Could the acid reflux and abdominal pain be due to muscle spasms as well? I've had many bladder infections and the doc put a stethoscope up to my abdomen and pushed and said i was having spasms in my bladder. Lately something embarrassing has been happening. Weak bladder. Especially when I'm asleep. It's very embarrassing. I know all of this sounds crazy but it's true. Docs don't believe me. I've been told about vitamin defeciencies. I've been taking vitamins. Nothing. I've been eating right and drinking all water. No change. Sometimes when I lay down I get a tic in my leg and my leg will jump. A little bit of history: a few years ago I had a virus (was never told the name) and it affected my back. I had 2 spinal taps because they missed on the first. The 2nd time they hit nerves going to my legs (idk how often things like this happen in an lp). I'm a 17 yr old female and I'm tired of doc after doc telling me I'm having muscle spasms (the obvious) then giving me muscle relaxers. I'd much rather find the cause. Has anyone else experienced anything else like this? Or have any idea what could be causing all this? I've never had any injuries that could do anything like this. It seems like it'll never stop and my mom even told me I might just have to live with it. But I don't want to live with random pain.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I am sorry to hear about all this. What you have is adult onset bed wetting and this is probably due to stress of what all you have been through. The other reasons could be functionally small bladder, diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, urinary bladder wall instability, UTI, stones and neurological problems. Diabetes and neurological problems should be focused on.
I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Generally deficiencies of any of the above can cause muscle twitching and spasms in localized or generalized areas of the body. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. Stress, alcohol, caffeine and fatigue all cause similar symptoms. Hence if you take alcohol or coffee then cut this down. Sleep at regular hours and see if it helps. Certain sleep disorders and peripheral nerve disorders due to diabetes or hypothyroidism can also be the cause.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your doctor. Take care!