Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Depo Shot

I got off Depo provera about three years ago.  Prior to that I had no menstrual problems.  Now, right before and after my period, I have cramps, diarrhea, nausea, and really long cyles.  I was wondering if anyone else experienced this.
14 Responses
I don't have the answer to your question but I was wondering if I could ask you one.  I got off of the shot about 6 months ago and I still haven't had any menstral, not even spotting. How long did it take you to get your cycle back and to lose the weight that you gained while on the shot?
*raises hand*

I've had nothing BUT problems since going off Depo about 3 and half years ago.

SEVERE weight gain (almost immediately), period problems, depression, problems before and after periods (diarahhea, naseau)....also pretty severe acne....

But I never DID get pregnant....*sigh*

I wish there was a civil lawsuit against Depo because its pretty much ruined my life....
I still haven't had regular periods.

I had to go onto the BC pill with certain hormones JUST to stay somewhat regular.

I never lost the weight either....

It took me about 3-4 months to get my period back, then it lasted for a month....and now I have severely irregular periods....
Hi, i dont have an answer to your question either, but im on the depo shot and have been for almost a year, i was on the pill but i kept having bad cramps before my period, so my dr. suggested the shot and i havent had cramps or a period since. do you suggest to get off the shot asap? what do u think. im not sexually active i was put on bc for the hormones to help my cramps and to regulate my periods.
If I where you I would get off the depo asap. It has been nothing but a nightmare for me.
I am also on the depo shot. I have been on it for 7 months now and have experienced every side effect possible. I'm scheduled to get my next shot on October 31, but I will not be getting it. I spot ALOT for at least 2 of the 3 months that my shot last. Now hearing you guys stories convinces me even more that the shot just isn't for me. Hope it get's better for you guys.
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.