Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Digestive issues for 2 years. 140lb down to 90lb

Hello my name is Ryan I'm 31 years old I don't drink, smoke, use drugs or engage in alternative lifestyles. I'm just a simple guy from a small Texas town and I live a very quiet life. I've been fighting a mystery condition for two years. I've been to many doctors I've had many tests ran and lots of things have been uncovered, but I still do not have a clear diagnosis and I don't know where to go or who to turn to.

Instead of writing a novel I'm going to keep my initial post short and I'm going to withhold information at first so I don't influence your responses. I'm going to list the symptoms I'm experiencing right now and I'd like for you to give me your first impression. I'll explain things and answer questions as we go.

Note: This came from absolutely no where. August 1st, 2013 I was just fine, but by August 31st, 2013 I was fighting for my life and still am. There has been no improvement.

Current Symptoms - 9/8/2015

▪Flu like symptoms
▪Swollen sore tonsils
▪Tonsil stones
▪Red sores in mouth
▪Blood blisters in mouth
▪Swollen lymph nodes
▪Twitchy muscles
▪Weaknesses
▪Painful tendons
▪Difficulty breathing
▪Heart palpitations
▪Dark green stools (no green food is being ingested)
▪Constipation (Drinking lots of water and juice)
▪Cloudy urine with particles
▪Rashes
▪Hair loss on legs
▪Cold legs and ice feet
▪Purple toes
▪Sores on legs
▪Low blood sugar
▪Numbness
▪Dizziness
▪Sore bones
▪Sore joints
▪Food Allergies (that came from no where)
▪Abdominal pain/pressure/discomfort (right side just under the ribs near the sternum and it seems to worsen after some meals, but moving around makes it worse too).

I went from being an active young man taking care of a farm to being bound to a bed for two years. There's more to the story, but this is a good start.
Ryan.  at this point,  you should be able to get insurance.  If you have no income,  you are in luck!!

I've read through this thread and there doesn't seem to be any medical facility taking charge.  Folks here on this thread are really helpful and suggesting things,  but you need the Mayo clinic or some other clinic with an equal reputation for taking charge and driving this to ground.  

It seems to me that all the medical professionals so far have run a few tests and shrugged their shoulders and passed you on.  

Before you die,  sign up for free health care and go to the Mayo where a comprehensive staff will care.

Best wishes,  and prayers.
I am not a doctor, but I do know a lot about medicine. I ran your symptoms through a database and I was thinking the same thing.

Severe Hypothyroidism (Myxedema). You need to go to the hospital and get treatment as soon as possible. They need to start you on T3-Liothyronine IV. If I am right, you will be better in a few days. This is so serious that people go into comas from this lack of thyroid hormone.
While your symptoms point to :
Hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue, IBS, colitis, leaky gut syndrome, gut dysbiosis, food sensitivities etc.
it would be nice to know what tests you had including tests results with lab ref. values ,if available.

Cheers,
Niko
Ryan, Have them also run tests for HIV and Sjogrens.
Hey guys thanks for the replies. Here is some additional information.

Doctors I've seen

Family Doctors - (Blood work / CT scans)
E.R. Doctors -  (CT scans / Blood work / X-rays)
Pulmonologist - (Lung capacity / o2 SAT test)
Cardiologist - (EKG, Nuclear Stress Test, Ultrasound)
Gastrologist - (EGD with biopsies / Fecal smear)
ENT / Allergist - (Nasal CT / Allergy tests)
Infectious Disease Specialist - (HIV Tests)

Current diagnostic results

Blood tests, biopsies, and specimen samples have revealed:

▪ Dehydration (I'm frequently urinating)
▪ Low Potassium
▪ Low CD-4 Count (HIV NEGATIVE)
▪ High Eosinophil Count
▪ Eosinophilic Esophagitis (Autoimmune)
▪ Stool Samples (Negative for parasites)
▪ Food Allergies (Appeared 2013)
▪ Vitamin D Deficiency

I've had many tests ran and it would take ages to type them all out so I took photos of the results doctors have handed me or mailed to me and I placed them in a zip file available to download at the link posted below. I marked out sensitive information such as addresses and account numbers, but it shows all the lab values.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x8akcpmg38aso2n/Lab_Results.zip

These tests are from 2013 - 2014. I haven't been able to do much in 2015 since I lost my health insurance, but the results from 2013 - 2014 are around the time when this first became active so they are very relevant.

There is additional information such as what I was doing just before I became sick and family history, but I'd like to get your thoughts on what I've provided here and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,
Ryan
Hey Ryan

Are you of Mediterranean descent?

Cortisol was high enough for me to consider it high.

You need to see an immunologist and an endocrinologist and have all of your records sent and have them rerun everything. PCP too.

That VERY high Free T4 screams at me.

Some considerations could be Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Graves Disease, but so do things like Mediterranean fever, [HIV may still be on the table],

Thiamine Deficiency is plausible. Take a B Complex Vitamin. Do not get gummys because they do not contain thiamine. The worst thing that happens is that you pee out excess.  

I have a few ideas but I would rather wait for the Immunologist to see you and see what they say.

Hope that helps.