Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Dizzy sportsman!

Gentlemen,

Im trying to figure what is wrong with me. Please help me with some clues.
Im a 28 male normal guy.
Recently i felt dizzy when I was having my workouts. I checked with my doctor and he found
my BP(130-100) is high. He advised me a medicine to bring the BP down. For last 1 wek i have the chest pain
The pain is in the upper left corner of the chest. The doctors have done ECG
and TMT and found it normal. I have to give my blood samples for blood sugar and cholestrol tomorrow.

Today evening I slowly tried to go to my tennis court and start palying.  I was ok for first 30 mins.
When i started  running around,my head started to spin and the chest pain is back. But I was not tired
and was never short of breath.  It is also true that sometimes i started to get worried which eventually result
in cold body.

Any idea what could be wrong.

thanks in advance,
jis
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you easily getting tired while exercising and experience dizziness, there are a few possibilities you should look at. First is a heart issue that can be taken care of by an EKG, treadmill test and echo (this has been looked into). The next is anemia. The third cause could be low blood sugar or even a case of high sugar as in diabetes. Another cause is poor sweating as in Sjogren’s syndrome.
Of course if the exercise level is not systematically increased, one would get tired soon and it may cause dizziness and fainting as the blood vessels do not dilate as fast as required to increase the blood flow. Hence it is always wise to start exercising slowly and not push your limits to start with.
On the other hand it could be due to over exercising, or abruptly stopping exercise, or over hydration. Drinking too much water before, during or after exercise could also be the cause. Eat some salty snacks and see if it helps. Exercising on empty stomach which causes blood glucose to dip with exercise can also be the cause. One should exercise after 2 hours of a light meal.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Hope this helps. Take care!