Do I have an abcess and is it spreading?

On May 28 I injected my left felt with 1ml of testosterone enanthate. Over the course of a few days it got hard and a bit painful and hot to the touch. My family and I were headed on vacation so I tried to ignore the pain. It seemed to subside until one day on vacation I worked out at our resort and this caused my shoulder to become more painful. I tried a hot shower on it and massaged it. The next day it was purple like bruised. I got some amoxicillin prescribed the next day and took it for 5 days. The purple seemed to go away there is barely a slight discoloration remaining today. I went to my Dr June 14 because the pain seemed to come back. Seems like each day it is going further down my arm.  I did not tell him of my testosterone usage. He ordered a series of labs checking wbc t4 tag complete metab and lipid. I am just concerned that the infection may be spreading please help!!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community