Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

ESR is 43

I am having fever past 3 days, In my Hematology Report ESR:(Westergreen Method) is 43mm/1st Hour. My age is 19 and i am female. from the report i can see that normal range for me will be 0 to 20 but i got 43. What should i do next ?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If along with ESR CRP or C-reactive protein is also high, then a Montoux test should be done to rule out tuberculosis. Some increase in ESR is expected in all fevers. Hence repeat the test after a week, preferably empty stomach. If it is still high, then chronic inflammatory diseases like Crohn's, rheumatoid arthritis, and conditions like tuberculosis will need be ruled out.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!