Undiagnosed Symptoms Forum

Enlarged Lymph Nodes (Mediastinal, Hilar, etc) + Wide Range of Symptoms

Thanks for the opportunity to post! In Jul 2005 a CTscan found a 1.9CM mediastinal lymph node in my husband
These are a wide constellation of symptoms, that may or may not have a unifying diagnosis.  

If the hilar lymph nodes remain suspicious, a biopsy can be considered - however this is in a risky location and the biopsy itself would have a risk of complications.  A PET scan can be considered.

Regarding the fatigue and loss of libido, various blood tests can be considered including thyroid, CBC, metabolic panel, vitamin B-12, and testosterone levels.

Acid reflux and difficulty swallowing should be evaluated with an upper endoscopy to evaluate for any blockages.  

Snoring and sleep disturbances can be evaluated with a sleep study to rule out apnea.

I agree with the pulmonary function testing for the shortness of breath.  Cardiac testing, like a stress echocardiogram, can also be considered.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Some of the symptoms sound similiar to mine at the time of a Diagnosis of Sarcoidosis - Particularly the lumps on his shins and the raised hilar nodes -
Maybe the PFT has shown something, I know I am commenting on this a bit late - But have you asked for an ACE level blood test?

Hope he is feeling better now.

Regards
J
A related discussion, enlarged lymp node Right lower quadrant was started.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.