Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Ever heard of Lymphoid Hyperplasia???

Okay--this is not an undiagnosed symptom.  This is something that has been diagnosed, but now my doctor is out of town on vacation until the end of next week, and I have no idea what it is!!!I had a colonoscopy, am a 33 year old...relatively healthy woman.  My symptoms were some bleeding, with little to no pain in the abdomen.  I was originally DX with diverticulitis.  After an exam by the GI doc, and a colonoscopy, I was told I have this lymphoid hyperplasia towards the beginning of my colon, not the end.  I called my regular doc, and they couldn't help much, and the GI doc is gone for over a week.  It's driving me crazy, and what I find on the internet doesn't tell me much.  I'm good at researching stuff--this one is just a little weird.  Thought I would start here, and if I have to, I'll post over on the GI board.  Sometimes, though, you guys are as informative as the docs.  If anyone has ever heard of this...or knows what causes it...or knows what the symptoms are...and if my symptoms are related, please let me know.  I'm going crazy over here---
many thanks, MH
Thanks for responding.  I was bleeding..and did go to the ER.  That's what I had the tests run in the first place.  The symptoms are gone now, but now I have this diagnosis with  no one to answer any questions about.
Thanks for being so kind.
Have a great day==MH