Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Everyday Constant Left Lower Abd Pain

My wife 37 y/o has been suffering with chronic left lower abdomen pain for over 5 months that does not go away. Also Every time she tries to eat anything,even the smallest portions of food right afterwards she starts to have sweats and has nausea and the pain flares up worse and she either vomits or have diarrea and goes straight for a bowel movement and her stool is watery and the food look like it is undigested.This is going on everyday.She has been hospitalized twice once for over 16 days and the most recent for over 40 days and was seen by a team of GI and bariatric specialists they did every test and colonoscopy,barium swallows CT scans you name it and they did it everything came back negative.She was told there was a stricture or narrowing in her lower intestines but the narrowing had disappeared and it was not seen at the last CT scan before she discharged.So she was discharged in pain still and the doctors could not do anything further.We are back seeing her PCP and she has a referral to see a pain management doctor,and also a Health and Well Being doctor.This has been very hard for us and frustrating.Could this be non-GI related if someone has answers I would like to hear from anybody
Hi! There are various causes for left lower abdominal pain. I understand your wife has undergone several investigations. Please go through this and see if something was missed. Pain and discomfort on the lower left side of abdomen just below and to the left of  navel can be due to several causes such as Crohn’s disease 9this is difficult to diagnose so check this out), diverticulitis, infection in kidney, kidney stones, adhesions (if she had prevous abdominal or pelvic surgery), polycystic ovary, IBS, constipation, and an abscess in rectus abdominis muscle or psoas muscle. Take care!