Hi releysmom and welcome to the forum
When your sensory nerve ending receptors that sense
pressure, touch, texture , get disrupted and "confused" due to some factors such as NT dysregulation (primary), fluid constriction in close proximity to the receptors, dryness and other factor such presence of a "foreign" substance (secondary) not being able to transmit a known message to the brain, they revert to the default, which is a message of ITCHINESS!!!
The chronic nature of Neurotransmitter imbalance and reaction to metal is therefore the suspected culprit in your Chronic Itchiness.
Are they titanium pins? If they are, there's a 3% + "allergic" type of reaction to titanium.
Energy Medicine treatment is the only effective way to eliminate this.
Look into "Allergy Antidotes" or "NAET" trained Practitioners/Doctors.
I hope this is helpful, however,it's not intended as a substitute for medical advice.
It appears that you do have an allergy to something and it possibly could be to your remaining pins.
I would suggest you see your doctor to see if can help you with this.