Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Face pain on half of my face

I am a 25 year old female and I woke up yesterday and the right half of my face hurt. Not really pain more like a bruise you cant see.  Like my skin is sensitive or something. It goes from above my right eyebrow down below my jaw line. I have TMJ issues on this side but it's never felt like this. It's not swollen at all and it's bearable but I'd love to know why my face feels like this and when is it going away. Consequently when I woke up yesterday morning I also had several cold sores in the corner of my mouth...
Somebody at my work had something similar but she's 50.  She was diagnosed with Bells Palsy. Half her face went numb/paralyzed. It took several months and a lot of medication for it to go away.
I just checked with her and she also had the cold sores in her mouth. So you will want to go see your doctor.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Sharp pain in the side of face could be due to injury to a nerve or pinched nerve, an infection or a trauma. Hence it could be Trigeminal neuralgia, abscess in tooth, exposed root canal, internal ear infection, maxillary sinusitis, TMJ, migraine, shingles or fibromyalgia localized to face. Since you have TMJ like pain and cold sores, possibility of shingles should be looked into.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP to run tests and examination to clinch a diagnosis.
Take care!