Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Fainting while simultaneously vomiting and losing bowel control

My fiance is on his annual ski trip with his cousins this week and they called me last night freaking out saying that they had been snowboarding all day and stopped to go for a drink after dinner.

They said he fainted, while he simultaneously vomited and lost his bowels. He spent the rest of the night intermittently vomiting (2-3 more times) and had a headache and was complaining he was cold. His stomach has been upset all daytogay but he has managed to keep down a few English muffins.

He ate prior to this happening so I don’t think it is hypoglycemia. They also had not even received their drinks at the bar yet before this happened, so he was sober. I initially thought it might have been stomach flu but none of his other family members in their small condo have caught it. They all ate the same thing for lunch so it isn’t food poisoning. What could it be?
Sounds like Gastroenteritis, which is usually self-limiting.
The BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast and tea)
might help with symptoms, but only for a short time, as it only offers limited nutritional value.
Best wishes,
Niko
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello~I hope that by now, he is doing well. It could possibly have been a mild case of the flu, even though the rest of the family did not have it, that doesn't mean he couldn't have caught it.