Fever from sugar?

I always get feverish while eating sugary foods such as skittles, three musketeers, and spree. My whole body gets hot and my face usually feels even more feverish.  It usually happens while I'm swallowing, after I swallowed, or even while it's still in my mouth. It goes away very fast but it has happened my entire life and I'm now 25. I have no other physical problems.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I'd look to see if those candies had any shared or similar ingredients first. Google them. I know some people have sensitivities to additives and dyes, and some people, oddly enough, are allergic (or intolerant) to cane sugar! And react badly to high fructose corn syrup as well. I've got tons of allergies and took shots for awhile, which helped until my insurance quit paying for them. Shots won't help for foods though, they told me, and definitely not for dyes and additives. I don't even think they test for sugars and dyes, but I'm not sure.

I had a problem with country time lemonade, which I loved at one time, but I'd get a fever that seemed to follow drinking them. I thought it was the yellow dye and some additive they put in it, because I looked it up on the internet and found that lots of people seemed to have problems with that yellow dye and additive. So I quit drinking them. I also had a similar problem drinking cokes, but I was only ever able to find out that they use a vegetable based syrup, no specifics. So I quit drinking sodas in general. Then I pretty much gave up candy, cane sugar and anything that contained it, or high fructose corn syrup, or artificial dyes too.

Good news though: no more food related fevers. Plus I feel a lot better.

When I need to use a sugar, I found an organic Beet Sugar, and have no problems with that. But I use that even very, very sparingly. My mom likes that splenda stuff, but I think it's just too weird to put in coffee because it fizzes a little and tastes odd.
Thanks for your suggestions! I do not drink much soda, maybe once a week. I do not use splenda or nutra sweet. I've heard chemistry majors say that they are much worse to ingest than sugar. I will google some of these foods. Although, i haven't noticed it from soda. Thanks a lot! I appreciate the ideas!