Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Foot conditions and lump

My friend has had an allergic reaction on the arch of her foot due to the latex in shoes she has worn.  This reaction has lingered for approximately 6 months.  So, yesterday she gets this lump on the medial side of her foot around the malleolus.  It feels warm and it hurts when she walks.  What confuses me is that her joint does not hurt and it seems to shift in shape and size and it's red, but she can walk okay on it.  Do you have any ideas about this one?  She does plan to get into a doctor this week.
Hi don't kno whether this is useful or not but my daughter in law has an allergic reaction to latex and had similar problems with skin swelling etc. Your friend should not have contact with latex until she sees her Dr really . Much better to be safe than sorry. I think your freind ahould go see her Dr as soon as possible. Take Care Chris