Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

HI PULSE LOW BP during exercise on treadmill

Used to have NORMAL range BP until 2008 March.  March 3, exercised on treadmill (usually a wonderful experience that I look forward to each day for many years) - 1/2 thru work out felt very dizzy, nauseated and weak...could barely get to main floor upright.  Decided to take a shower and almost passed out - had to sit down in shower for 15 minutes.  Then crawled to couch & stayed there for almost 7 hours as I would almost pass out each time I tried to get up - vomited once and also had to go from the other end once.  BP measured when I got to the shower and it was 117/77 - heart rate 120...BP once I was on couch for a few hours was 185/110 - pulse 95.  Called paramedics after 7  hours & was told that I am not a diabetic, don't smoke/drink/take drugs and am not overweight - I could CHOOSE to go to emergency - but that I could probably wait to see if symptoms worsened.  My BP and pulse stayed high for 24 hours....I have tried to exercise since and my BP drops every time while PULSE goes up.  Doctor is mystified.  My BP goes back up a lot & stays up (157/98 - 145/88) all the time with pulse around 60 when not exercising. Pls help.

You may want to ask your primary care physician if he/she thinks you should get a referral to have a stress test done. A stress test helps physician find out how well your heart handles work.

All the test requires is being hooked up to equipment while you are on the treadmill. They will monitor you heart rate, breathing, blood pressure , EKG & ask you how are you feeling during the test.

All the best,

PlateletGal