Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Hard, not movable lump in neck.

About a month ago I discovered a lump in my neck. It is hard as a rock, doesn't move. It doesn't hurt or itch. It's in the back of my neck (lower part), close to my spine. It's about the size of a bean.
Also, I've been tons of other symtoms, I don't know if they are related to the lump. I've had sore throat for months (no cough), tinnitus for about a month, mild/moderate pain in ears that comes and goes, lighter periods than normal, stomach symptoms (alternating diarrhea and constipation, gas, loud stomach noises), muscle twitching all over my body (mostly in the legs). I'll make an appointment to the doctor tommorow, what diagnosis should I be expecting?
I'm sixteen.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The symptoms related to gut could be due to inflammatory bowel conditions such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, Celiac disease (gluten intolerance), lactose intolerance or IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. Severe acidity with gastric reflux can also be a cause and so also hiatal hernia. Worms in gut is another possibility. The nutritional deficiency resulting from these gut issues can also cause muscle twitch.
A hard lump in the neck at the back could be a swollen lymph node, a cyst or a neuro fibroma which is a harmless collection of nerve and fibrous tissue. There are more chances of it being a lymph node as you also have tinnitus and pain in your ears. This could be due to impacted wax or due to infection. You will need to consult an ENT for this. Hope this helps. Take care!

Thank you!