Hard lump/ball behind ear

hi, since my son was 6weeks old, i noticed a small mini pea sized hard ball/lump behind his ear it was not irrating for him when touched and not mobile, i asked my family doctor what it was and she didnt know and didnt seem concerned as it was not giving him grief. 6months later the lump was still there and only growing a teeny tiny more with my sons heads growth, the lump still not mobile nor painful i went to see another local GP for advice and another opinion - still told nothing to worry about..... this lump is still there now my baby is 15months still not harming him but i really want to know what it is and if this is serious!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Lump behind the ear that does not cause any other symptoms could be folliculitis (hair follicle infection), lipoma (localized collection of fat), a cyst, swollen lymph node or a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in of nerve and connective tissue). However swollen lymphnodes behind the ears could be due to chest infection, tonsillitis or pharyngitis, dandruff, or infection of ear. So check and see if there is dandruff or rash or if the baby has ear infection.
Watch the lump. Do not touch everyday but once in 10-15 days. If the lump increases in size, becomes painful, changes color, bleeds, changes shape or consistency or more similar lumps appear then consult a doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

My son has the same thing with no pain or anything else but he do have dry scalp should I try to find a treatment.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.