Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Head pain, swollen/hard lymp node

I have a swollen and hard occipital lymp node on the right side of my head and the inflammation goes up behind the ear and ear lobe...I'll get occasional shooting pains up the right side of my head that last seconds but the pain is like a burst" of a throb...I also have a small lump (1 cm length,2cm long) puffed out on the side of my neck down closer to the bottom...it's soft and not painful. I also get tingles up the right side of my head...I went to the Er last night they did a chest X-ray and head/brain ct scan..all were normal. I'm suppose to see a neurologist but not for another 30 days (earliest schedule) ..I'm worried and wonder if this has happened to anyone else or if you know anymore about this. Please post, thank you for reading!!!
I've had tingling concentrated in a spot in my head.  I asked a neurologist about it and he said they were muscle spasms.  Please see private message for some info on lymph nodes.

I've had shooting pains in my head on occasion- very powerful, but am not sure what they are- suspect a spasm of a nerve, a blood vessel, or maybe even a muscle, but have not asked anyone about them.  I do have TMJ dysfunction and a history of chronic migraines.