Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Headaches, chest pain, joint pain

Please can anyone offer any help on what is wrong with me. I am 28yrs old, female, white. I haven't felt well for ages but my symptoms are sporadic & random. Have been to the dr's several times but always feel rushed in there & that they feel I'm wasting their time. Symptoms include... Headaches, on/off for months, light headedness & sometimes I have eye pain & my vision goes abit blurred. Joint pain, something I've always suffered with but seems to be getting worse, particularly knee & hip. Chest pain. I have mild asthma & I am a smoker (terrible I know) but lately have a strange ache in my chest that feels like I've pulled something but I haven't. I work shifts so I don't know if it's cos of that but I am always tired & lacking in energy. Really lacking in energy. I have also recently had a very small lump in my neck (lymph node possibly?) that was painful for a few days, and also a couple of non-painful lumps in my groin. Any help much appreciated, Thank you
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
One possibility is fibromyalgia. Apart from fibromyalgia multiple joint pain is seen in hypothyroidism, low Vitamin D levels, Low Vit B12 levels, anemia, Hasimotos thyroiditis, gout (can sometimes cause multiple joint pain), rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, SLE, electrolyte disturbance particularly those involving calcium and magnesium, parathyroid gland problems, chondrocalcinosis and chronic fatigue syndrome. In females, menopause or menopause like condition caused by PCOD is often associated with Vit D and calcium disturbances and hormonal disturbances causing multiple joint pain. Al these can make you fatigued and tired too. Chronic fatigue syndrome can also cause visual symptoms. Since you have multiple lymphnodes and joint pain, rheumatoid arthritis should be ruled out.
The best thing would be to consult a general practitioner or PCP and try and assess what is the cause of your problem. Then proper referral for concerned specialist can take things further and get you proper treatment. Take care!