1711379 tn?1308311984

Heat-triggered "sandblasted" symptom on skin

If you've gone to the beach and witnessed a large gust of wind, you've probably felt how it stings against your bare legs. If you haven't, it's not very fun. When my body heat is too high, I get that same feelings in various parts of my body. It's like an itch, but very intense and annoying. It's caused by things like the sun, being too close to a heater, blushing, and even eating hot wings. All of those involve heat, so I'm assuming that's what causes it. There aren't any visible symptoms on my skin that seem to be linked to this. But I'm very curious about what kind of disease this is and how to get rid of it or lessen it.
Thanks for any help.

P.S. This is a huge problem because I run a music solo project and I won't be able to perform vocals/synth live anymore because I am very sensitive to this disease. That's what makes me think it's more specifically triggered by even slight sweating instead of just plain heat.
But all I can describe that part as, is "being allergic to attention." And THAT is not fun.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1709021 tn?1308184343
Talk to a dermatologist.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
   Welcome. now several things came to mind as I read your post....Does it EVER happen when you are chilled and does water temp for shower or bath make a difference and what about if and when you have a fever and also is your skin hot or cold to the touch and one thing I would definitely change is the wording....Disease.....In my mind....NO!!   You show symptoms... because as you may know, now days there are syndromes, and that is not a disease....or so they say...Anyway, I know you just want to know so you can control and have some form of control....GREAT...Now...
   Performing, vocals...why would you not be able to?...because of the lights, costume, nerves, now you mentioned one word that made me sit up straight....Allergic, now the trick is to find out to what and I do not think attention is it....I think You are what is considered HYPER-sensitive....but to what....do you perform in clubs and or bars?   The smoke and or the things that people wear such as lotions, sprays, perfumes and as well...when we go to go out...we shower and wash the hair and put on clean clothes.....All those things can activate allergy TYPE symptoms in those that have had toxic chemical exposures....... Another thought is a hyper sensory condition that is in the nerves of the skin and stems from brain chemical release in the hypothalamis and for that you definately need to see a dr....Have you seen a dermatologist or neurologist and maybe even a rheumatologist or allergist.....Alot of thoughts but if you want to elaborate further it may help to zero in on the situation....How is the rest of your health...please keep us informed of your success!!!   Have a wonderful Blessed Day!!!!!     GOD BLESS!!!!!!       loimmarmar
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.