Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Help please.

I had an echo done for the first time a month ago....it shows moderate mitral valve regurgitation, mild tricuspid regurgitation, and mildly enlarged left atrium..normal range up to 4.0, mine 3.6 so how is this enlarged? It also shows mild pulmonary hypertension RVSP 37 mmHG....all valves normal in size and mobility, and IVC is normal in size with preserved inspiritory collapse, consistent with normal right atrial pressures. TAPSE 2.2 .....EF 55%-60% Normal left diasotic, and systolic function. No pulmonic regurgitation, no stenosis of valves. No pericardial effusion...normal. Tricuspid max V 0.9 m/sec.

My question is....does this echo point to Pulmonary hypertension? Or could it be over estimation of the  RVSP? and what would be cause if present?? Mitral valve regurgitation??
Hello, I wish I could answer that, have you asked your cardiologist or doctor who did the echo?...they should be able to tell you exactly whats going on!!....hope all is well ..keep me informed please...songbird