Hematoma After Fall

The weekend after Thanksgiving 2010, I slipped coming down my stairs at the house.  I landed on my left buttocks (full impact) & the site bruised immediatley with a hematoma the size of a baseball.  The bruise has faded but the hematoma has slightly decreased & tender to the touch.  
Do I need to seek medical attention?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
hi,
Poor you.
Ah, when you fall down, how is the background: hard or soft? if it was hard, you would have any internal injuries especially broken bones. At first, it's just a crash on the bone and you won't feel it; but gradually it will be worse.
And now, what is your feeling about this injury and its affects? Do you feel your movement of your hip more difficult than before or the joints around abnormal...?
About the hematoma, don't worry too much about it. Because it is an epithelial one and made by impact. You can apply hot compresses to it everyday, it'll be fine. But if there is no progress, i advise you to consult a specialist to take an X-ray of you hip to check the bones and have next solution. it's a simple test but very effective.
Hope you well
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Normally a hematoma takes about 10-14 days to disappear. If you have not taken any anti-inflammatory, then it will also be tender. However, at times the tenderness is due to pus formation. So get a doctor to examine it as well. Take care!