Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Hemroids??

Hi, I need some advice. I am studying abroad right now, and I have been having these horrible symptoms for a week and a half. I think I have a hemroid, and I got some lidocaine to put on it, but it is not going away. I just felt some little bumps in the crack area, and I am really scared. I can't even sit down. The pain is unbearable. I am going to try to go to the doctor tomorrow, but the problem is I will be on my period by tomorrow, I think. Whenever I pass a bowel movement, I literally start crying. This pain is like nothing I have felt in my life, and I have to either lie down or stand up. I can't take this! Can someone give me some advice please????? I have searched on the internet relentlessly, but I can't find anything. I think the bumps are from so much lidocaine. Please, if there is anything you know, please let me know.

**Also, I have only had sex with my boyfriend who is not on study abroad with me, so I haven't had sex for months. And I have never had anal sex.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Your problem sounds more like a fissure than a hemorrhoid. Most fissures heal on their own and do not require treatment, aside from good diaper hygiene in babies.
However, some fissures may require treatment. The following home care methods usually heal most anal fissures.
• Cleansing more gently
• Diet changes -- eating more bulk, substances that absorb water while in the intestinal tract
• Muscle relaxants applied to the skin
• Numbing cream, if pain interferes with normal bowel movement
• Petroleum jelly applied to the area
• Sitz bath (sitting in a tub of warm water)
• Stool softeners
Refer: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001130.htm
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!