Hives
I have had the hives for 2 weeks and I am miserable.  I was on a steroid dose pack and when it was completed it comes back.  I do fair during day and then at night they come out in full force and I am not sleeping well.  Today they started me on Zyrtec and zyntac and I am praying it works.  No new food or drugs but under a lot of stress as my mother is very ill.  Can stress cause hives and why so bad at night
Stress can definitely cause hives.  Steroids will definitely cause you to lose sleep.  I take clonazapam for panic attacks.  I am not a medical person, just someone who always has weird medical issues.  One thing I can tell you is I have itch attacks if I shower too much.  You might be getting dry skin from the steoids or you might not be drinking enough water.  Try sponge bathing and see if that helps.  I take Melatonin every night to sleep.  It is produced by the pineal gland in the middle of your brain and is good to take about 30 before you want to get to sleep.  It works with the aid of darkness.  Your symptoms may be because it is the end of the day and you are too stressed to sleep.  Try going to the health food store and get one of those meditation cds, take melatonin, use some of the aromatherapy sprays make sure your temperature is good in your room, have some benedryl spray available and breath....listen to the meditation tape or cd to go to sleep with.  Good luck, hope it helps.  Hope your mom can find peace as well.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.