Humming
I was diagnosed with Adult ADD about 5 years ago and have been on Adderall.  I am also on Cymbalta and Lamictal for depression.  My ADD med has now been changed to Ritalin last week because it doesn't seem to be working.  I have some newer behaviors that are seriously worrying me.

I constantly hum a part of a song and don't even realize it.  My family says it is getting worse.  I have also been picking at the back of my head for months.  I get scabs and then pick those.  This has become a habit throughout the day.  I also constantly lick my lips or the inside of my mouth in front of my lower front teeth.  My mouth feels very dry all the tme, but I think it migh come from the licking of my lips.  

I am very happy right now, don't feel depressed, but can't seem to stop these behaviors.  I don't know what the cause of it is.  

Thank you.
i'm on concerta and a sleepin medicine and my doctor said that she can not put me on something for deprssion and for adhd...so maybe you shouldn't take both at the same time..some medication make your mouth dry be sure to drink plenty of water so you don't get dehraited..if your on add meds then it could have some side effects..mine makes me where i can't just sit and relax but i'm very focused on my school and other things...brittany
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Dry mouth can be due to the medicines you are taking. However your other habits point towards an obsessive compulsive disorder. You need to consult a psychiatrist regarding them and go through behavior counseling regarding this.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.