Aa
A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25.1k Members

I have a lage lump what is it please help me out.

Ok so i went out today and all of a sudden i got a sore pain almost like bruised pain between my vagina and anal. I checked it out as soon as i got home it is a very solid lump and very painful even to sit down never mind touch I have no idea what this is. It doesn have pus it is not an ingrown haid and it is not a sti just quite a large painful solid lump. I recently changed female products to wash with could this be the course could it be as simple as a large spot caused by this new product any thing will be help. What should i do.
Thanks
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

They seem like boils or furuncle. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Boil on buttocks is usually due to plugged sweat glands that become infected or by an ingrown hair.

Other possibility is of swollen lymph nodes or a sebaceous cyst.Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes.Treatment is usually warm compresses,over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like acetaminophen or ibuprofen,antibiotics if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess formation.

Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac  that fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.Then antibiotics are needed.

Apply warm compresses on the lump and keep the area clean.Drainage may be done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.