A
A
A
Close
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members
16263822 tn?1446541600

I have abit of a different problem

Hi! My problem is this - sometimes, it happens that i stand perfectly normal on my foot, and an short piercing pain inside my ankle hits me. It's like someone has poked my tibial nerve with an needle.. and then it goes away. several years it would appear on a rare occasion and not too strong. But recently, a couple of days ago, i really stressed my foot with jumping repeatedly and than bham! horrible reeealy strong pain, just as the one i described but stronger! i thought it will go away so i kept walking but it proved to be persistent. Now I am on crutches and if i put pressure on the foot almost certainly it will hurt - a lot. So please help! So to clarify - it wasn't a sprain ankle, i didn't hit it, i just jumped with both feet (and as i had knee surgeries before, i haven't really been doing that for years) . The pain is inside the ankle, just above the heel, it is a piercing nerve pain that goes away after 2 sec (going really strong, and then silences in those two seconds) Please help?
1 Responses
1667242 tn?1487954147
This may be torn plantaris tendon. If that's the case all it needs is rest.
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.