Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Injury to leg leaves lump

My curiosity got the best of me lately -- about 11 months back, I broke my left leg and seriously injured my right (long story -- involves a tree). Now, both are healed (mostly) but after the bruising went down, I asked my doctor about the weird lump that is slightly painful to the touch located on the front and 8 inches up from my knee. Above it is a significant divot, or valley, or whatever. Doc says I got hit so hard it displaced the fat on my leg, forcing it downwards. PT guy said that it would go away after a while. OK, so the lump is smaller, but the divot is still there, and I was wondering -- has anyone heard of this before? The internet is clueless, as far as I can tell, and if I didn't mention it before, I think the doc had only a small idea of what had actually happened. So, I'm not actually looking for help with it, only info. Mostly. Thanks!
I injured my leg once and developed a Hematoma, That was about 6 years ago I still have a couple pea sized bumps on the inside of my knee.
good luck,
Linda