Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Iron/anemia

Was just told I have iron defecient Anemia, etc.  I am hearing conflicting information and am wondering if anyone knows the answer. First, can this kind of anemia cause Hair loss? Second, can it make menstural cycles longer?
From what I can see both are symptoms of iron deficiency anemia.  You can go to the below link to find out more about it.  I had it when I was pregnant both times and just had to take iron pills once a day.  I hope the info helps!  =)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_deficiency_anemia
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It’s a Yes, to both your questions. Iron deficiency is the commonest cause of hair fall. Also this causes heavy periods which result in anemia and a vicious cycle is started.
Hope this helps. Take care!
A related discussion, IRON ANEMIA OR HEMOCHROMATOSIS? was started.