Undiagnosed Symptoms Forum

Is it severe pms?OR?

Please help!! I was diagnosed with ITP 8 years ago. My symptoms are getting worse that I"m experiencing and i dont think they have anything to do with my ITP. My Doctors are NOT helpful. They say I also suffer from depression and chronic anxiety. Even though I'm telling them that these symptoms only start 2-3 weeks before my period.I am normally a happy person, but I've been keeping a journal lately and I've noticed that before my period..my platelets seem to get quite low..5-10. I am tired of infusions..as this doesn"t eleviate these symptoms. Thy are..a bad burning feeling under my skin{face]To touch my skin isn"t hot..just under the skin. Then the headaches start..intense and then my neck stiffens up. I am noticing in the last 2 -3 years that I'm developing heartburn . My spleen has been removed. Prednisone did not work. I just can't live like this anymore. The burning under my skin  and ears is what i"m scared about..sonjaI
Difficult to say without examination.

Changes in sensation and headaches can be indicative of a neurological condition.  Peripheral neuropathy - caused by metabolic diseases like diabetes, thyroid or B12 disorders - can be ruled out.  The headaches can be evaluated with imaging studies like a CT scan or MRI.  An EMG or nerve conduction study can also be considered to evaluate for peripheral neuropathy.

These options should be discussed in conjunction with a neurologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.