Is this really just excess stomach acid?

Hi. So for the last few days I have been feeling awful. I can barely eat because after a few bites I lose my appetite, get nauseous and get the shakes/chills and then fatigue/sleepy. I haven't vomited I just get nauseous and a panicky general unwell feeling. Sometimes I have a bowel movement right after eating and it makes me feel better, but it's not diarrhoea. I am a type 1 diabetic but my control is fine. If I do have low blood sugar I am really struggling and panicking because I have to eat when I'm feeling super sick after a few bites.

I saw a nurse/GP yesterday and she gave me a PPI 20mg once daily to try and thinks I have excess acid. I've had acid reflux many times in my life  (28, female) and this doesn't seem right. I feel OK when I wake up, I had half a banana yesterday and within 5 minutes I was shaking, felt drained of energy and really slow and nauseous. It passed after a few hours. I took the medicine at 4pm and I was so happy to manage to eat beans on toast with no sickness afterwards.

I slept fine last night and I felt good this morning. I ate 2 toaster waffles, had a bath and had no issues. All great and I assumed the medicine was working.

I went out shopping with my mum and we went to a cafe. I ordered a slice of chocolate cake, it was gluten free and vegan. After 2 bites I suddenly felt nauseous and went to the bathroom and had a bowel movement. Since then (4 hours ago) I have not felt right. I feel slow, and fatigued and unwell. I know I should give the medicine some time to work but these symptoms seem very extreme for just acid.

Any thoughts? I'm really scared and feel horrible. I'm lucky at the moment my work is quiet but come January it will be busy and I can't afford to be like this.
Do some research into a couple of rarely diagnosed Vascular Compression Syndromes. Most doctors have never heard of MALS, SMA Syndrome, or Nutcracker Syndrome, but they can cause the type of problems you’re describing. Nutcracker Syndrome is known to cause extreme fatigue, nausea, anxiety and panic disorders, chills and many other problems. At the same location that the Renal Vein can get compressed, the Duodenum can also get compressed (SMA Syndrome) between the Aorta and Superior Mesenteric Artery. This can cause acid reflux and all kinds of gastrointestinal problems. MALS can cause many of the same problems as well.

Check out some of these groups on Facebook. These condition aren’t easily diagnosed and are often missed by most doctors.

Hope this might help! Feel free to ask any questions.
Hello~Have you been tested for food allergies/sensitivities? It sounds to me like you could be having a reaction to some of the foods you are eating. Allergies can be tricky to catch, the best way is to avoid certain foods for about 2 weeks, then gradually add them back, if you feel good while avoiding them, this could be the case, especially if the symptoms return when you eat the "offending" food again.

It also might be beneficial to add a good, high potency pro-biotic to your diet, this will help to put the "Friendly bacteria" in your gut and very well could help the acid reflux and nauseous feeling as well.

I hope you feel better soon. God bless you.
High stomach acid is rarely the cause of acid reflux. My mother had severe GERD/LPR and no longer suffers from either taking betaine HCL with pepsin to increase stomach acid and digestive enzymes to help with digestion as well. My mother was on acid blocker nexium for 6 years and told she high acid..wrong! and nexium caused a long list of health problems!). Check out the article below as diabetes is on the list of causes/risk factors for low stomach acid.

http://gallbladderattack.com/chronic-heartburn/